Higher Education of Journalists in a Digital Environment is an institutional project of the Faculty of Humanities of the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula for the period of 2021 – 2023, and is directed toward the research on the state, challenges and educational opportunities of the European academic education of journalists in the digital environment. This project brings together an international team of associates, scientists and institutions organized in a few teams which work on key project activities from different perspectives.
By the end of the project, the following results are expected:
- Public interactive digital map with all key data on higher education study programmes that educate journalists in Europe
- Publication of a new issue of the international journal Media Dialogues and organized scientific conference of the same name where insights into trends of education for the media in the digital environment in the former Yugoslav states will be gathered
- General conclusion about whether an online (postgraduate professional) study programme of journalism in Croatia is needed, and if so, what its features should be
- Digital database on demand of selected films on the topic of journalism and work in the mass media and appertaining methodical materials for higher education teachers
- Publication of a special issue of the international journal Media Research, indexed in SCOPUS, on the topic of education of journalists in the digital age, specifically online study programmes and teaching
- Closed individualized digital library with the literature on the topic of journalism education
- Written and published scientific papers, as well as editorials in scientific journals on project topics.